Another Comic-Con has passed us by. From the outside looking-in the entire social media and real time blogging was heavily evident this year as it was easier than ever to follow events via live bloggings by the major sites and the flurry of twitter postings from individual people. People were posting pictures to flickr although it’ll probably take a few days for people without wifi to get home an upload their photographs. As they have done in previous years, DC was posting podcasts of their panels to their website – ignore the dates on the podcasts, they are actually from 2009. Maybe next year they’ll finally stream the panels on the web.
We got hints about the roll call of James Robinson’s Justice League, but there seems to have been more Justice Society news than then Justice League news (re: my previous observation). As an experiment this year I tweeted (“posted”) the more salient news items on twitter rather than blogging them one at a time. I’ve included an archive list of them below.
- SDCC News: JSA to split into Matt Sturges’s JSA All-Stars (Magog, PG, and younger characters) & Bill Willingham’s JSA (the older/core characters)
- JSA All-Stars does sound a little bit like the old Infinite Inc. team. More than one fan has pointed out the JLA Cry For Justice parallel.
- The JSA SDCC panel links – Newsarama: http://bit.ly/fwhmZ CBR: http://bit.ly/bNT0Z DC’s Source: http://bit.ly/PMuyb
- Things appear to be getting interesting at the DC Editorial panel, Thunder Agents out integrated into DCU just like Red Circle & Milestone
- Blacked out promo-pick of Robinson’s JLA http://bit.ly/WuFeY – Donna Troy, Mon-El (new costume), Batman (Dick Grayson) and Congorilla.
- It would appear that every Justice League fan this isn’t at SDCC is watching the JL marathon on Boomerang.
- RT @vuze: Live from Comic-Con: Justice Society of America in search of booth babes… http://bit.ly/Of8xF
- RT @joeyvesh13: RT @britl: http://twitpic.com/bm69d – Superheroes! #sdcc – JLA awesomeness!!
- Smallville next season: Metallo, Zod, the Justice Society (with Geoff Johns writing of course), and Clark in costume! http://bit.ly/p0Tnh
- JLA #35 by @LenWein RT @DC_NATION: DCU: The Source – It’s the last day of Comic Con – have some JUSTICE LEAGUE pages: http://bit.ly/vpnGO
I usually tweet from within my wordpress blog using a rather nice plug in called tweetable, but this weekend I’ve been trying out Tweetdeck. What amazed me was watching the stream of tweets from people watching the Justice League marathon on Boomerang. There is ususally a background buzz of people “Watching Justice League”, but this weekend that buzz became a flood. I just hope the network folks notice how popular the show is.