September sees the end of the current line of DC titles and the launch of an entirely new set of book all starting from issue #1. Those new issues will have new writers and we’ve all been every excited about who is on which book. However, we shouldn’t over look the fact that the reshuffle also means that the current creative crews are being reassigned. I’ve tried to compile a list of who is heading where.
(I’m including Generation Lost and Young Justice in this as Gen Lost becomes JLI and YJ has a crew refresh a month before the big DCU rejig. )
Before & After Table
|Old Title||Old Crew||New Title||New Crew|
|Justice League of America (vol. 2)||James Robinson & Brett Booth||Justice League (vol. 2)||Geoff Johns & Jim Lee|
|Justice League: Generation Lost||Judd Winick & Aaron Lopresti/Joe Bennett/Fernando Dagnino||Justice League International (vol. 3)||Dan Jurgens & Aaron Lopresti|
|Young Justice (vol. 2)||Art Baltazar/Franco & Mike Norton||(continues)||Greg Weisman/Kevin Hopps & Christopher Jones|
|Justice League Dark||Peter Milligan & Mikel Janin|
- According to Bleeding Cool Pre-Flashpoint JLA writer James Robinson, who is noticeably absent from the list of DC reboot writers, is already working on a new comics project with several issues already written. Robinson has previously said he has a Shade series in development and was in-line for the Hawkman series before it was given to Tony Daniel.
- Pre-Flashpoint Justice League: Generation Lost writer Judd Winick will be writing Batwing (African’s Batman) and Catwoman.
- Art Baltazar and Franco were the writers of the first six issues of Young Justice (YJ #6 ships in July). They continue to write Tiny Titans for DC’s Johnny DC line.
- Pre-Flashpoint JLA artist Brett Booth becomes the post-Flashpoint artist on Teen Titans. His last JLA issue was #57 so one assumes he’s already moved onto those duties.
- Pre-Flashpoint Generation Lost pencil and ink team Aaron Lopresti and Matt Ryan are moving over on to the new Justice League International title making them the only Justice League creators who are carried over after Flashpoint.
- The other two Generation Lost pencillers Joe Bennett and Fernando Dagnino will respectively be moving on to Deathstroke and DnA’s Resurrection Man.
- There is no word in the September listings of the inkers Jack Jadson and Raul Fernandez.
- Mike Norton was the artist for Baltazar and Franco’s Youngo Justice run. He isn’t listed in DC’s September listings, but continues to pencil Fear Itself: Youth Revolt for Marvel Comics.