Following the release of yesterday’s preview reel for Young Justice, UGO has reported from the Brave and the Bold panel that the main cast has been announced.
- Robin/Dick Grayson – Jesse McCartney a singer and song writer with the boy band Dream Street, played “Andy” in Greek, and Theodore in Alvin and the Chipmunks. The UGO announcement specifically references that this Robin is Dick Grayson.
- Kid Flash/Wally West – Jason Spizak - is a voice actor and computer programmer. Apparently he worked on some Linux distributions – for any true geek this is way cooler than any of his voice work. The UGO announcement specifically references that this Kid Flash is Wally West, which would logically make the JLA’s Flash Barry Allen.
- Aqualad - Kari Peyton – Possibly a surprise, she was a former Olympic US High-Jumper and has since turned her hand to some acting and cast direction. As Len points out in the comments, Aqualad is actually going to be voiced by Khary Payton who played Cyborg in the Teen Titans animated series. It had been reported that Tequan Richmond was one of those who auditioned for the role. The UGO announcement contains the spoiler that this boy is Black Manta’s son, that may be a plot line that gets explored in Brightest Day prior to Young Justice’s first airing.
- Superboy/Connor Kent – Nolan North – Cyclops from Wolverine and the X-Men, played Power Ring in Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. Potentially the most experienced voice artist in the cast. The UGO announcement pegs this Superboy as Conner.
- Miss Martian – Danica McKellar – Freida Goren from Static Shock and Sapphire Stagg from Justice League “Metamorphosis“.
- Artemis – Stephanie Lemelin – She announced her own casting prematurely on her blog and had to rapidly delete the post. She followed up with a proper post once the series announcement has been made.
Other voices announced are for members of the Justice League.
- Batman - Bruce Greenwood – Interesting casting as he also plays Batman in the upcoming Red Hood direct-to-DVD feature. He played Christopher Pike in the recent Star Trek film.
- Green Arrow - Alan Tudyk – Played the Barry Allen Flash in an episode of Brave and the Bold. Wash from Josh Whedon’s Firefly.
- Aquaman - Phil LaMarr – the immensely talented Phil LaMarr played Green Lantern John Stewart in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.
- Captain Marvel - Rob Lowe – Sam Seaborn from the Westwing. He was also Wayne’s rival for Cassandra’s heart in the original Wayne’s World film.
There is an interesting weight to that Justice League cast that makes them distinct from the Young Justice cast.
And, maybe the most surprisingly, bit of info was that this is all set on Earth-16 in the DC Multiverse proper. No 16 no doubt because it is a reference to the age of the characters.